Monday, January 11, 2010

New Start

As second semester begins and all the work I have to do piles up, I have decided to break from unnecessary media until my MCAT date, and am determined to be committed to that. So I realize that I will have to draw a lot of my strength from God this semester... and I will be doing my devos each morning (except wednesday) and writing my thoughts here. I hope you can keep me accountable for that.

"Give us aid against the enemy, for the help of man is worthless. With God we will gain the victory and he will trample down our enemies." Psalm 108:12-13

Psalm 108 and 109 talk about evil men who rise up against us and in each the psalmist calls upon God for the victory, asking him to save him. In each, the psalmist praises God among the peoples for his love and his goodness. God alone gives us the strength we need and the clarity we need. Now, I don't have enemies that are rising against me, so I feel like I can store that application away for later when I really do feel persecuted, but this passage reminds me to trust in God alone. God is the one who creates our path in life. The people around us can help give us encouragement, or some guidance, but in the end, we must trust God fully to lead us through seasons of trial and blessing. And Praise. Praise God for who he is, and exalt him amongst your friends, family, coworkers, classmates, etc.

It is good to praise the Lord.

1 comment:

ChosenCho said...

own this 2nd semester - both academically and spiritually =]
media fastttt