Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Day of giving thanks... 

What are you thankful for?

FOOD! =]]]]]

God's word.  Seriously.  I was not planning on writing every day but every day when I read intently, he tells me something new, or reminds me of what I have forgotten.  

Like today.  Jesus tells Peter "Get behind me Satan!" and I think that's really harsh.  But I read the next sentence, "You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men." it actually made a little more sense to me.  Peter loved Jesus, and didn't want him to die.  He wanted Jesus to be the conqueror he imagined him to be.  He was seeking the best for Jesus.  But what he thought was the best for Jesus, was not God's will.  I'm sure Jesus didn't want to suffer and die.  He may have wanted to listen to Peter, and agree, and say that he doesn't have to die.  But he knew God's will, he knew what he needed to do.  He knew that God's will was more important than what was comfortable.  

Sin sucks.  =[

1 comment:

ChosenCho said...

dang that is awesome
what an awesome thing to be thankful for. now i can't wait to go read my bible

You know, about that - Get behind me satan! Right before Peter answers Jesus that he is the messiah, son of God. Jesus tells him on his rock the church will be built. And the catholic church says that this is where he became the 1st pope of the world. They believe that the word of the pope is 100% true with all authority, but the very next verse - Get behind me satan! Proves otherwise =]