Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dryness

Woke up to do my homework this morning at around 2:50, 3 ish.  Read my Bible at around 3:20.  1 Thessalonians.  Source of the theme verse of India.

"BE JOYFUL ALWAYS; PRAY CONTINUOUSLY; GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THIS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST JESUS."

But that's all I remember.  I read it this morning and I forgot what the important message was that I got from it.  

I want to constantly be seeking.  If I don't seek, the times spent reading the word will be useless.  If I don't take the effort to apply that hourly to my life, what's the point of reading in the morning?  I remember reading the word this morning, hours later I sinned, and oh how deliberate it was, with full knowledge of what I did.  I say I'm going to work harder to stop sinning once I get better with God, but when is that going to happen if I'm not taking the extra effort to fight off those temporary temptations.  [score 1 for alliteration points!]

It's almost time for Thanksgiving =].  Food I am very excited for.  Stuffing and mashed potatoes smothered with gravy, green bean casserole [with french onions straws], ham... =]]]]] <- fat smile.  

I love to eat... If only that food converted to more fat in my body... maybe I could bulk up more.  Maybe I should stop this wistful wishing [2 points!] and actually go to the gym.

GO: being active, not cruising, living life deliberately.  This is what I need.

But anyways, Thanksgiving... What am I thankful for?  1 Thess had a whole section on Paul's thankfulness for the faith of the Thessalonian church.  The Gospel came upon them with power and life, and lived it out with deep conviction, imitating Jesus, even in suffering.  I want to be that way too.  

...I should make a thanksgiving list, and to each person I have something to thank for, go up to them and thank them. [P.S. not my idea, Holliston pastor's idea]

No comments: